A logo is a graphic representation of a brand or a company that is used on various communication media: advertising brochure, website, signboard, billboard …
This recognition element symbolizes the values and image of the company.
To be effective, your logo must have qualities of evocation of the activity and be as timeless as possible. You should not create a logo every year!
What are the rules to follow in the creation of a logo:
- Simplicity: Opt for simplicity. Choose simple, readable shapes. Your logo must be understood at first glance. Moreover, the more your logo will be simple the easier it will be memorized. Avoid logos of the clipart type or with a photo!
- Sobriety: Do not use more than 3 colors and have a version of your logo in black and white. Make sure that your black and white logo is always clearly identifiable. Do not forget that colors make sense (see here the meaning of colors *) and can tell a lot about your products and services.
- Limit the number of fonts. Your logo should not have more than 2 different font characters. Finally, the font (s) of character must be sufficiently simple and legible. Attention to bold characters. Sometimes the message may be less readable.
- No special effects. Avoid special effects such as gradations, shadows, reflections or flashes of light. Depending on the size of your logo, these effects can degrade the image of your logo.
- Experiment with different formats. Look at the rendering of your logo whether it is in the form of an icon, letterhead or signboard!
- Verify that your logo does not violate third party rights. It will not be necessary here that your logo looks too much like a logo already registered. Besides the fact that your customers confuse you, you are more likely to be sued for infringement
Use our « logo maker » to create your own logo.
After reading all these good tips, you just have to create your logo!
To do this, Id2nom offers you an application to create your own logo as simply as possible. It will be enough to go on this page: http://1idea1name.com/create-logo.php
Creation is in 3 steps:
- Choose a picture. This is about finding a shape for your logo. Either you choose a model among the hundred models presented or you propose a form that you download. Then you must choose its size, color and orientation (rotation)
- Choose a text. This is to type the name of your product, your company or website. You customize this text by choosing a font, the size of the characters and finally the color of the characters.
- Choose a second text. This second text is optional. It can be a baseline, a slogan, an e-mail address … Here again, you customize this text by choosing the typography, the size and the color of the characters.
When these steps are completed, all you have to do is save the logo. Simple, right?
With our online logos design software, you can create, edit and save as many logos as you like. It’s completely free!
You have nothing to lose, so why not try now?